goats-2012-109

Photo Challenge, Week 6 – Feel the Love

It’s time for the next installment of the Focus on Life Photo Challenge from The Studio Sublime.
The prompt this week instructed us to “feel the love.”
But not from the usual suspects. To try and feel it or find it elsewhere.

I can say that I have found it in a place I never would have thought.
I am such a city girl and yet here I am, a goatherd.
How did that happen?

The hubby and I retired a bit earlier than intended because I got sick.
We were lucky to be in a position to be able to do that. We took off in our fifthwheel to see the country. We saw some glorious places and we saw Western Montana.

I fell in love.

We found a lot.
He built will be building until I drop dead of complete and total frustration a house and we created our little farm. We grow 80% of what we eat. Pretty impressive for a city girl.

But what amazes me and amazes my friends and family is me and the goats.
No one could have EVER in a million years pictured the suit wearing, high heel walking woman keeping goats.

And loving it.

But when I look into those little faces

Luke the goat
Bruce and Clarence the goats
Louise the goat

Famous SpokesGoat Pricilla

Thelma the goat

AbbyGoat – be afraid. Be very afraid

I feel the love.
Pure and simple.

Especially from Pricilla

She is a sweetie goat.

>52 week badge

31 thoughts on “Photo Challenge, Week 6 – Feel the Love

1. Therese's Treasures

I know the feeling about goats. Once when I was a country woman I had a goat named Billy he was the sweetest fellow. All of your goats are so cute and I can see the personalities shining through.
    Therese

2. Alicia

When I come to your blog I sigh: what you live now is my dream, and every week I promise myself I will make it happen one day. You are so blessed to have learned the love of nature, farm, animals!

3. Jenni

What great post.. and glad to hear you are loving those goats. Priscilla looks a delight. Your jump from city to country sounds both wonderful and intriguing. I applaud you for embracing such a healthy… and yet …challenging lifestyle.

4. Islandgirl

I was expecting jON AND GOT YOUR ENTIRE GOAT HERD! This lap top is no co-operating.. No love lost between us! Say hi to Abby Goat I know you don’t appreciate her!

5. Stacie

I love how our lives take such surprising turns and we end up finding love in the most marvelous and unexpected places…love the photos…what a bunch of cuties!

6. A Polymer Penchant

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. Goats hold this odd place in my heart at the moment. My daughter, inexplicably started to be scared of goats before she was 2. Like if a puzzle had a goat she would get rid of the piece or turn the page in a book. ??? no clue why. Summer came and we took her to a local farm to feed the goats. Now she’s a total convert but only for baby goats “not dada goats”… I’m going to have to show her Bruce’s picture in the morning :)

7. Kathleen Lange Klik

I can completely understand falling in love with a beautiful landscape or town in a rural setting. I grew up, went to college, worked in and lived in cities but my favorite place in the world is the Adirondack Mountains! The goats clearly make your lifestyle complete no matter how odd it may seem to you or your family! Sometimes we cannot explain where our heart takes us. I love that you grow 80% of your food-that is fantastic!

8. LoriF

OMG those are so cute!! I completely get your goat love…and your goat fear in some cases LOL!
    Western Montana is beautiful….I lived in Calgary for many years and it was my go-to relaxation place.

9. Willow

Awww I do feel the love you simply shared about your goats . It is so enchanting when you can just be in the moment on the farm feeling the love. Today when I posted the pictures of my ponies in the snow I felt that same, awe and love for simple life farm pleasures.

10. Karen Williams

As a city girl myself, I’ve never had a chance to spend time around goats, but I’ve heard that they are very intelligent, are quite curious and have very distinct personalities. I can see all of this in your photos!

Looks like you’ve found your true heart’s home.