We moved into the yurt in 2010. It wasn’t finished then and it’s still not finished. I truly don’t think it will be finished in my lifetime. But I knew this when the hubby told me he was going to build our house. I love my husband, but I also know my husband. One of the reasons we were able to move into our new home was our new furniture was delivered. We chose an eco-friendly, American made loveseat and side chair as the main room also housed the dining room table (and now Cappuccinoville.) The budget at the time didn’t allow for leather so I went with a very sturdy microfiber but I have to admit that after nine years of daily use parts of the loveseat are starting to show some wear. That is why I am happy to share some reasons to use a slipcover today.
I was sent a free set of slip covers from The Slipcover Company. All opinions are my own.
5 Reasons to Use a Slipcover
I have used slip covers in the past and really believe they can be very helpful. Here in the yurt I have some of the same issues I had in the past and I have some new one – like our delightful little rescue bunny Cappuccino. Here are the main reasons I like to have a quality slipcover on hand
- The obvious reason is to protect your furniture. Whether it be from pets or children, a quality slipcover is great to have on hand to maintain your furniture’s original beauty.
- Change up the look of your room. With a slipcover you can make a quick and easy color change in your room. You can go from red to black or from black to grey! It gives you a whole new style direction.
- Seasonal style. Slipcovers are affordable options for making seasonal changes to your room(s).
- Budget – you can make a big change to your room for far less then buying a new piece of furniture
- Slip covers are washable! That’s right. If your rescue rabbit pees on your slip cover you can pop it in the washer and you are good to go. It’s a lot harder to clean upholstery.
How Easy is it to Use a Slip Cover?
It’s so easy I did it all by myself. I opened the package that contained the Twill Round Arm Loveseat Slipcover and fluffed it out. I figured out up from down and draped it over my loveseat. You can see in the photo above where the microfiber is starting to wear on the arm.
Once I arranged the heavy, cotton twill material I tucked it into the back and sides of the couch and then I adjusted the front. Then I tied the arms to tighten the cover.
I adjusted the back so that it was behind Cappuccino’s cage. I wouldn’t want it to get in his way. Although knowing him he will probably chew on it. He is not a bunny to be trusted.
All I need now are some pretty throw pillows to complement the beautiful red of my new slipcover. The burgundy of the microfiber is just not right so I can’t use the ones I have.
Slipcovers are Not Just for Couches!
You can also get covers for daybeds, pet bed covers and dining room chair covers. You can check out all of the options available at The Slipcover Company.