This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AHugeSale #CollectiveBias #Albertsons
I have commented many times on the long drive to go shopping from my little piece of paradise. That is why I am so very fond of big sales. They give me the opportunity stock up on the things we don’t grow here on the farm. Here in my part of the world the sale flyers come out in Wednesday’s paper. I noticed today that Albertsons is having a big sale to celebrate their 76th Anniversary.
It’s not just a big sale it’s #AHugeSale – and I was excited to look through the flyer and see what I could get to add to the hubby’s lunch. I knew I’d end up with a cart full of great products that would help make his lunches tasty and more important – fun. He’s not happy about having to be back at work so the least I can do is brighten his day with a good lunch. I really want him to smile when he opens his bag. He works hard and I want to send him with a meal that will keep him going until he gets home for dinner.
I always pack his lunch with a “main dish” plus some snacks like Sun Chips, nuts and raisins. Sometimes he’ll get homemade goat’s milk yogurt and fruit, other times leftovers from dinner.
I was happy to see that the Anniversary sale at Albertsons included Cap’n Crunch Cereal and boneless chicken breasts so I could make an old favorite; Captain Crunch Chicken is great for dinner and then makes an excellent lunch the next day. It’s simple to make and you can gear it towards adults or children depending upon whether you include the optional chili powder.
Captain Crunch Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
1 egg mixed with 1 tsp water
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 400°. If you have the convect feature on your oven use that.
Set up a breading station; add the all purpose flour to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
Add the egg to a small bowl and whisk it with the water.
Place the crushed Captain Crunch on plate.
Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and season them.
Dredge the pieces in the flour, then dip them in the egg, then into the Captain Crunch.
As you finish with the pieces of chicken place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
Just before you put the chicken in the oven lightly spray them with cooking spray.
Bake for 7 minutes, carefully turn the pieces over, spray them with cooking spray and return to the oven for about 7 – 10 minutes to finish cooking.
The hubby and I love the sweet crunch of the cereal coating with the heat of the chili powder. I make a simple French dressing as a dipping sauce and it pairs beautifully, Kids will love this without the heat. It’s great the next day and that’s why I love it. Any time I make this I always prepare extra so I have some for the next day’s lunch.
It’s wonderful to be able to stock up on these handy products at great prices to make the hubby’s lunches for months to come. His schedule makes it harder for us to get to Missoula so I’m thankful that Alberstons had so many things on sale!
Although hopefully they will find his replacement soon and he’ll be back to being retired. Then I can eat all the snacks. Bwahahahahaha! I do love to treat myself to an ice cold Pepsi or Lipton Iced Tea and some Rold Gold pretzels while I’m watching the goats in the afternoon.
It was so easy to find all of the sale items at my local Albertsons because there were excellent signs indicating the anniversary prices. The specials are available until 8/11 so be sure to get there and stock up.
His lunch is ready to go for today – I always like to include a little note to let him know I’m thinking of him. I know this gives him a smile in the middle of his day. It was really nice having him around and I really hope he gets to retire again soon.
Albertsons and it’s banner stores Safeway, Acme, Vons, and Super Saver are all celebrating with this huge sale so look for the deals at your favorite store.
What would you buy from Albertsons at their big sale to pack in your husband’s or kids’ lunch?Print
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups Captain Crunch cereal
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. If you have the convect feature on your oven use that.
- Put the Captain Crunch in a small zip bag.
- Crush it with your hands or a rolling pin.
- If you are using the chili powder add it to the bag and shake well to mix it throughout the cereal.
- Set up a breading station; add the all purpose flour to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg to a small bowl and whisk it with the water.
- Place the crushed Captain Crunch on plate.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and season them.
- Dredge the pieces in the flour, then dip them in the egg, then into the Captain Crunch.
- As you finish with the pieces of chicken place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Just before you put the chicken in the oven lightly spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake for 7 minutes, carefully turn the pieces over, spray them with cooking spray and return to the oven for about 7 – 10 minutes to finish cooking.