- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, plus some to grease the bundt pan
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour, plus some to dust the bundt pan
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butter the bundt pan and dust with flour.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attached cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one a time mixing well after each addition.
- Add the applesauce and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the raisins and walnuts and stir them in until combined.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and and smooth.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 55 minutes until the cake is lightly browned and a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Keywords: bundt cake, bundt cake recipe, applesauce bundt cake, applesauce raisin