A delightfully sweet/tart jam that doesn’t taste too much of either fruit but rather is a whole new flavor
- 3 1/2 cups chopped organic apricots
- 3 1/2 cups chopped organic strawberries
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box low sugar pectin
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter (optional)
- Prepare canner and jars as directed.
- Roughly chop fruit and add to heavy bottomed, non reactive stock pot.
- Measure out the 4 cups of sugar into a small bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of the sugar and mix with the pectin.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar/pectin mixture and butter if using (it can help keep foam from forming) to the fruit and heat over med/high heat until the fruit reaches a rolling boil.
- Stir in the remaining sugar and keep stirring until the mixture reaches a rolling boil.
- Boil for one minute then remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam that may have formed
- Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2″ headroom. Add lid and band, fingertip tight.
- Process in a water bath canner for 15 minutes. 20 minutes if over 3,000 ft.
- When processing time is over, turn off the heat and leave the jars in the canner for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars and let sit overnight undisturbed.
Be sure to follow the instructions for your canner and make any adjustments for your elevation