- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure lemon extract
- zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups dry, fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Have a 10″ angel food cake pan ready.
- Combine the flour and powdered sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attached place the egg whites and cream of tartar. Whip on med-high until the whites are foamy. Start adding the granulated sugar a tablespoon at a time. After the last of the sugar has been put into the whites, add the salt and lemon extract. Continue whipping until the whites are at stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/4 of the flour/sugar mixture to the whites and gently fold in. Carefully fold in the remaining mixture. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the angel food cake pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove any large air holes. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes, checking at 30 and letting the cake bake until the top is brown and the cracks appear dry.
- Rest upside down until completely cool. Carefully remove from pan.