an easy to make and quite yummy cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven t0 350
- Grease a 13 x 9″ pan
- Beat the eggs in the top of a double boiler just until blended.
- Add the brown sugar and butter. Place over rapidly boiling water, stirring constantly, just until hot. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking power all at once. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the nuts and vanilla.
- Turn into greased 13″ x 9″ pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.