- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 TBS lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 16 TBS unsalted butter, melted and hot
Powdered sugar mixed with lemon juice powder if desired for decoration
Edible gold stars if desired for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease and flour a loaf pan 9 x 5″
- Place the sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest in a food processor with the metal blade.
- Process until combined.
- With the processor running, add the melted butter until emulsified. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder over the mixture in three batches, gently whisking the flour mixture in. Be careful to not overmix
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Drop the pan on the counter a couple of times to settle the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 55 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
- The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest in the pan for 20 minutes then remove to cool completely on a wire rack
Keywords: poundcake, lemon, lemon poundcake, dessert, cake