A classic blondie base topped with fresh cherries, semi sweet chocolate and a vanilla glaze
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups cherries, pitted, cut into quarters
- 3 oz roughly chopped, good quality semi sweet chocolate
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- 2 TBS confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 13 x 9″ pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In a medium, heavy bottomed sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the butter starts to brown. (5 – 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and pour butter into a small bowl to cool at room temperature.
- In a large bowl whisk together the brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the browned butter until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mixing well after each one. Whisk in the vanillas
- Fold in the flour until just combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan until evenly dispersed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle half of the cherries evenly over the top, followed by the chocolate and then the rest of the cherries.
- Return to the oven and bake until fully cooked, another 15 – 20 minutes. The edges will just start to brown and a tester will come out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Carefully remove the blondies from the baking pan by lifting the parchment. Cool completely.
- Mix the heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla bean powder or vanilla bean paste. Drizzle over top the cooled blondies.
- Cut into 24 even pieces
Be sure to watch the butter as it is browning, it can go from browned to burned very quickly
Keywords: blondies, cherry desserts, fresh cherry desserts, bar cookies, cherry chocolate blondies