A tart sauce on rich, Chilean Sea Bass
- 2 6oz Chilean sea bass fillets
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1tsp salt
- juice of one lemon
- 3 TBS honey
- 1 TBS bourbon (opt)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- I TBS olive oil
- Additional salt and pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 350° (I had been using it to roast the Brussels sprouts so if you are making a side vegetable you might want to consider roasting it to make the best use of energy)
- Mix together the panko, salt, lemon zest and thyme.
- Press the sea bass fillets into the panko mixture and coat well on both sides.
- Heat the canola oil in a small oven proof saute pan over med. high heat.
- When the oil is hot add the fish and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the crumbs are nicely browned.
- Carefully turn the fish over and do the same on the other side.
- Place the pan in the oven and finish cooking fish – about 10 – 15 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- While the fish is in the oven make the sauce; add the lemon juice, honey and bourbon if using to a small sauce pan. Add the black pepper. Cook until reduced by about half. It is not a very thick sauce. Set aside.
- Remove the fish from the oven REMEMBERING AT ALL TIMES THAT THE PAN IS VERY HOT
- Serve the fish with as much sauce as you like spooned over top. If you prefer a less tart sauce add more honey.
Keywords: Chilean Sea Bass Recipe, Chilean Sea Bass, lemon sauce