This post on ordering modern holiday cards online has been compensated by Basic Invite. All opinions are mine alone.
As the holiday season approaches I start to get excited about all of the fun that comes with it; the decorations, the wreaths, the tree, the presents and of course I want to get some modern holiday cards. I recently learned of a new place to shop for my holiday cards online and I’d like to share what I know about Basic Invite with you.
Modern Holiday Cards of Many Kinds
Have you gotten your holiday cards yet? Don’t worry – you still have time and Basic Invite is the kind of site that can help you find exactly what you need. There are so many choices, for example had you ever considered the quiet beauty of watercolor Christmas cards? I know that when it came to recycling my cards I would find many a use for them – such beautiful designs! You do recycle your holiday cards, don’t you? Here are a few ideas for what you can do with them:
- Use your holiday cards to make bookmarks
- Take last year’s holiday cards and make ornaments
- Use the fronts of the cards to make a storybook for the little ones
- Cut them into rounds and make a wreath
- Donate them – St Jude’s Ranch for Children will accept them
Photo Holiday Cards
One of the most special ways to celebrate the holiday is to send cards with a photo of the family or the kids featured on the front. I know I love receiving my annual card from my brothers and sisters in law with my nieces and nephews. Since I don’t see them that often any more I love seeing how much they have grown from year to year.
Another fun way to celebrate the holiday is with a photocard of your pet. This is what I would end up doing since I don’t have kids. One year I had cards made with Pricilla on the front. They made me very happy. Now if I had one made with Cappuccino he’d probably just eat them!
No matter what you decide ordering from Basic Invite affords you the ability to order a beautiful card. Here is some important information about the company:
- Almost Unlimited Colors– Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once they select a design, customers can change the color of each element on the card. With over 180 colors to choose from, the invite is sure to be exactly how they want it. This is what sets us apart from almost any other online stationery company.
- Custom Samples– Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers to order a printed sample of their actual invitation before they place their final order. They can see the paper quality and how it will print, and make sure the card is perfect.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes– Basic Invite has over 40 different envelope colors to choose from. With so many options, customers can make their envelope match the invitation. All of the envelopes are peel and seal so they can be closed quickly and securely.
- Address Capturing Service– Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows customers to share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media to request their friends and family’s addresses. The addresses are stored in the customer’s account and can be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all card orders.
- Foil– Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold. Customers can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
More Than Holiday Cards
Basic Invite is more than just holiday cards whether they be holiday greeting cards for business or for personal use. You can also find invitations, birth announcements, wedding stationary, stickers and business cards. It’s your one stop online shop for all you need for your party or holiday printing.
I love that you can request a custom sample before you place your full order so you know exactly what your card will look like. That is an awesome bit of service. This would have come in handy when I was ordering my wedding invitations oh so many years ago. Of course this was before the internet – yes, I have been married forever. My father placed the order and I did not see them before the final draft when it. I did choose the style. But had I been given a sample I would have noticed that people were being invited to the marraige of John and Patricia instead of the marriage.
Sigh. By the time we received them it was too late to have them reprinted. So I was united in marraige. I have to assume it still counted.
So don’t end up with misprinted invitations – go with Basic Invite and get that custom sample. And a good proofreader.