A delicious and flavorful rice salad
2 cups Jasmine rice
1 3/4 cups orange juice
1/4 cup water
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 an avocado, cut onto small pieces
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
3 TBS almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 heavy tsp honey
2 tsp olive oil
a splash of rice vinegar
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Add the rice, orange juice, water, salt and thyme to the electric pressure cooker and prepare as your machine directs.
- While the rice is cooking add the broccoli to a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for about 20 minutes until crisp/tender
- While the broccoli roasts peel the orange and cut it into supremes. Cut the supremes in half. Set aside and reserve the juice in a small bowl.
- To that juice add the lemon juice, honey, olive oil and salt. Whisk until emulsified
- To a large bowl add the rice, cooked broccoli, orange pieces, avocado, pomegranate, and half of the almonds.
- Drizzle with the dressing and carefully toss the salad until mixed. .
- Divide between two bowls and top with the remaining almonds.
This is delicious served with hot rice or at room temperature
Cook time is with the rice made in an electric pressure cooker
The rice amounts will leave you with leftovers for another night
Keywords: rice salad, rice, orange, pomegranates