pan seared scallops with sweet/tart ginger pineapple on jasmine rice
- 8 to 10 sea scallops
- 2 TBS all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBS canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp parsley, dried or fresh
- 1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Thaw and dry scallops
- Mix flour, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Add pineapple and stir. Lower heat to medium low and let cook until pineapple starts to soften. Sprinkle brown sugar and ginger over pineapple and stir. Let cook until pineapple is soft but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- Dredge scallops on both sides and set aside.
- Heat the canola oil over medium high heat. Let the scallops cook for 3 minutes then turn and cook for another three minutes. (Cook time is going to depend on the size of your scallops – I had HUGE scallops)
- To serve: place half of rice on the place, top with 4 or 5 scallops and follow with half of the pineapple. Sprinkle with parsley
This recipe is easily doubled
Keywords: scallops, pan seared scallops, scallops and pineapple