Having to take medications and other pills while traveling can be challenging. I want to thank the Chronic Illness Bloggers and PillSuite.com for sending me a PillSuite unit at no charge. Any opinions are my own. The hubby and I were recently away for a week in Portland and this device made his trip so much easier. A pill organizer makes a trip so much simpler.
Any purchase links are affiliate links which means if you buy through them I get a small commission which helps to keep the Farm cats in toys and treats.
PillSuite Pill Organizer
Truth be told I’d never heard of something as cool as PillSuite. I’d seen pill boxes of course but they were so bulky and the lids could pop open and then you were stuck with a pile of pills at the bottom of your suitcase. The hubby’s method was to count out how many pills he needed for a trip and to throw them all in a zip bag. To me that is one big pain in the butt – you have to go rooting around for each day’s pills. That’s where the PillSuite comes in!
Brilliance in Pill Organization
When I first read about the PillSuite and how it operates I thought it was brilliant. It’s a simple process really. Follow along and I will show you exactly how easy it is.
- Read the instructions to get a full understanding of how the PillSuite unit works. Then install the batteries into the bag sealer
- Gather your pills and medications that you will need for your trip
- Add the daily dose of your medications, vitamins and supplements to the sections of the orange box
- Put on the lid
- Take one of the biodegradable bags and insert the spout into the bag and let the pills drop in.
- Seal the bag.
- Continue until you have enough bags for your trip
A Few Tips
- The bags have one side that is clear and one side that is white – you can write on the white side to list a date, time or whatever you would like. Do this BEFORE you put the pills in the bags.
- If you take some pills in the morning and some at night break them up into different bags.
- Store the small bags in a larger bag or box in case of breakage so that if a pill or two gets loose you can contain the problem and not have to look all through your suitcase for a lost pill
- Take a couple of extra packs of pills with you. You never know if you might be delayed or you might lose a pack and you don’t want to find yourself without your medication.
Other Uses for the PillSuite Pill Packs
Taking a trip is not the only reason you need a PillSuite. If you take regular medications or are on any other kind of pill regimen the PillSuite will make your life easier. You can pack up your pills to take to work and have them handy in a small bag instead of carrying around several bottles or other containers. If you are caring for someone who needs regular medications this is an easy way of making sure they have what they need. You can clearly write the information on the front of the pack. I’m sure there are plenty of other uses that I am not even considering. Think about it.
How Did It Work For Us?
The hubby really liked it. He did find it a little challenging at the start to get the pills into the pill packs – I think it will be easier for me as I have smaller hands. The more important aspect was in the use of the packs; he said it made things much easier for him at his retreat. There was no digging and sorting for his pills each day. He just had to grab a pack and he had everything he needed. It saved him time and he was less frustrated. So that is a big win. He was also very happy that the bags are biodegradable. So for us this was a big overall win.
If you would like to learn more you can go to pillsuite.com
The PillSuite is available at Amazon.com for $39.95 and it comes with batteries and 400 pill packets.
Additional pill packets are $9.95 for 400