a spicy, pan fried salmon with a delicious rhubarb sauce
- 2 6 oz salmon filets
- 2 TBS flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS olive oil
For the Rhubarb Sauce:
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 2 TBS bourbon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, preferably organic
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the rhubarb to the pan and stir to coat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, salt and cardamom. Let cook until the rhubarb softens.
- Add the bourbon and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Set sauce aside until ready to use.
- mix flour, salt, cumin and chili powder together.
- Dust salmon filets with flour mixture.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the oil
- Pan fry salmon on each side for 4- 5 minutes. Cook time will depend on thickness of the filets.
To plate: place salmon on rice or polenta then top with the rhubarb sauce.
I served this on polenta but it would be just as good on rice.
Keywords: rhubarb, salmon, rhubarb sauce